How long after going off the pill can you get pregnant?

I stopped breastfeeding one month ago and stopped my birth control(the mini pill and I was on it for almost 2 years) 7 days ago because we have decided to start ttc. I just had my first normal period since I got done breastfeeding and it ended a couple days ago. How soon do you think I can get pregnant?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant in about a week after stopping the pill that I was on for three years.everyone is different and so is every pill.i wish you luck
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• immediately. i got pg the first month off
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• you can get pregnant next time you ovulate so id say this time around if your lucky it wont take long. try figuring out your cycle and track it you will have better luck that way of knowing when you are ovulating.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You can get pregnant immediately. However, your fertility isn't back up to 100% until about the one year mark (give or take depending on how long you've been on the pill)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• That year mark comment is wrong.
    Anonymous

• usually fertility returns to normal within 6 months- it can come back the 1st month, it could take almost a year- the safe answer is usually within 6 months... has to all come out of your system.. and the EBF isnt going to help- its nature's child-spacing....
    jenandandrew

Answer by jenandandrew at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It took me exactly 6 months after I got off the pill to get pregnant with 2 of my children. We were TTC the whole time but I got pregnant the 6 month with both of them.

With my 3rd I wasn't on BC.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Each person is different but it could happen the first month. With my DS I went off the pill and conceived 2 weeks later. This time I'm not as fortunate.

Good Luck!
    Triplestack318

Answer by Triplestack318 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009