What is the best cardio?

I don't know if I should spend more time on the tradmill,bike or the stair master? What do you think?I am trying to lose all the belly fat and ton my legs.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i have to disagree with a lot of your answers you want to flush the fat before you tone your muscles and heres why...if you want to loose weight you dont want to build muscle mass because it weighs more than fat plus theres no point in toning your muscles untill you loose the body fat because you cant see it. cardio is the best way to burn fat i would say treadmill is the best
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 11:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Cardio alone won't do it. But the best cardio I've ever done was belly dancing. I have this video that has basic moves (a great workout) and a fitness section (really intense cardio). I like it because it works the whole body.

To lose weight even quicker you should use weights. You don't need to go heavy or get buff. But weights help you lose fat and gain muscle fast (and your muscles won't get big unless you use steroids or something).

Doing both is best.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Swimming is an excellent way to lose fat and tone your muscles. It's low-impact so I like to trade out my cardio sessions and swim occasionally instead of wrecking my knees on the treadmill/stairmaster.

I agree with amethystrse though; you'll need to throw some weights into your routine in order to really burn off excess body fat.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• as long as your heart rate is high, it's that big of a deal for a beginner. The row machine is a tough one, but running is also good.

pick up weight lifting
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I like the treadmill for 30 minutes but I need to do it more.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 10:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I like the cardiotwister, it really works if you use it at least 3 times a week. www.cardiotwister.com I have lost 50 pounds in about 4 months and still loosing. I haven't really changed my diet, if I eat something with alot of calories I just workout a little longer.
    Gena73

Answer by Gena73 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• thanks ladies. thats what I thought,what akashaismyworld said. Thanks for yours answers!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009