flat spot on my son's head

there is a flat spot on the left side of my son's head. He is 2 months old. He got it from laying in the same spot. I am now moving him to one side or the other and it doesnt seem to be going away at all. Is this something to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will change. Just keep trying to move his head around in different positions. With my son, I had laid him on the floor and put toys that made noise to the side I wanted him to lay on to attract his attention. He used to have a terrible flat spot on the back of his head because he refused to sleep in anything BUT the swing as a newborn. He is 5 and you can't tell...he's fine!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• yes this will go away!...i had the same problem w/my daughter...her head looked like a square..lol..it doesn't anymore...the doctor told me to wait a couple of months and it will go away...but if it didn't she would have to use this helmet to shapen up her head...but in a couple of months the shape of her head changed...
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 9:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Give hime lots of belly time when he is awake too. If he hates being on his belly (my daughter screamed!) you can et one of the baby boppies they sell. They are the same shape as the regular mommy boppies but are tiny and have toys attached. You can place the baby on his belly with the boppie under his arm pits and chest and he will start learning to lift his head which will strengthen his neck and keep him from getting flat spots.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 12:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• YEAH IT WILL GO AWAY IT DUE TIME JUST KEEP GIVING HIM BELLY TIME AND MOVE HIM TO ANOTHER POSTION IT WILL GO AWAY
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My son is seven months old and he has the same thing, a flat head. I actually took him to the doctor for it and will be getting a helmet. Its not bad bad but I read that when they are older they can have problems getting a helmet and its harder for it to shape. I have tried the tummy time and changing his positions while he sleeps but it does not seem to help. I would ask your doctor to make sure he is measuring your babys head each time,just to see if its getting better if not you should see a specialist
    CuriousJames

Answer by CuriousJames at 7:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2008