• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Just curious if anyone else watches it, I do, but I watch anything about pregnancy and babies now that Im pregnant lol.

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• I do! I love that show, but I am not pregnant though.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I love it too. I was scrambling around last week trying to figure out how I could watch it, b/c I had my CBS shows, and 24, and another show, plus this all at the same time. I was calling people and asking if they'd record this or that for me, b/c I can only do 2 things (have satellite). lol I got it all, though! I can't wait to see what is going to happen with her and Ben, since they keep showing him telling her he won't share her with Ricky, and then she hugs Ricky.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i know i love it... its getting ready to come on and i missed the last 15 minutes last week and when i saw the preview i for tthis weeks i was wondering who the hell that guy is...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My daughter watched a few episodes and thought it was lame; I watched it with her and was happy she didn't like it!
    Anonymous

• Yep, I've watched it since the first episode, and I really like it. It's well told, well acted, and touching. Ricky needs to walk away from his "dad" and then tell everyone what he wants to do. Sick creep.

anon 5:12...I am curious as to why you'd be happy she didn't like it? Reality too much? Or ...? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I am really curious.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hi jespeach,

It's not so much the "reality" being too much, it's the silly/unrealistic way they portray teenagers.
    For instance, the blonde who advertises she's a "crazy" Christian..LOL! My daughter and I were laughing but not because we thought it was funny, but because it just sounded ridiculous.

And it's not because of the whole pregnancy story-line either, she (my daughter) just thought it was a lot like gossip girl (another one she doesn't care for) and it's not her style.

She loves Twilight, has already read all (4) books and cannot wait for the next movie to come out!
    Again, it's just that we agreed on not liking this particular show; and the comment that "I was happy she didn't like it" was really just my agreeing with her, nothing more. I think with her it's a matter of her liking the characters or not and in this case she found all to be like soap opera actors.
    Anonymous

• I watch it and I love it
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am 39 years old and I love this show. The reason for that is because I was a lot like the character Amy in this show. I got pregnant at 15 because nobody had ever had "The Talk" with me. I was naive and sheltered, therefore my parents never thought I was even thinking about sex. I love the public service announcements after each episode. I wish there would have been a series like this when I was a teen. Myself, being a young teen mother, decided to keep my child and was "allowed" by my parents to marry the father. We are still married today and have two other children. Shows like this can at least open up communication lines between parents and teens. That is very important in these times.
    MsSallyC

Answer by MsSallyC at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009