Can you believe she didn't know she was pregnant?

So weird story, that all starts with the discovery health channel. About a month ago I watched a show about a woman who didn't know she was pregnant, it was really amazing she got high blood pressure went to the doctor they told her to go to the emergency room where she gave birth to a preemie. Well I was thinking of friends of mine and who this could possibly happen to, I thought of one of my friends because she is a little heavy, and said in my head that could totally happen to her. Turns out IT DID! She went to the emergency room on Friday with high blood pressure and delivered a baby girl by c-section. Mom and baby are doing better than expected but how weird eh? Also how did she not know? It's all so crazy.

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 7:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always wondered how they dont feel the baby moving in there. My daughter used to go nuts in my belly. You could watch my stomach "roll" from across the room.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't know how someone can't know. I mean eventually you feel the baby moving. It can't be explained as gas because the baby moves so much!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my SO's sister claims she didnt know she was pregnant until she was like 7 months, cuz she still had her period and she's a big girl... but it was her second baby... im sorry but if you already had one, you would definately know it wasnt gas... i always found it a little hard to beleive...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• To bad she didn't pee on the computer, maybe it would have told her....lol! I'm sorry couldn't help myself. I work in a hospital and I remember one of the doctors telling me about a patient coming in with an abdominal mass, he sent her to ultrasound and turned out she was 9months pregnant.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It was her first and I asked the same thing about the period, when she went to the hospital on Friday she was almost eight months along the baby was six weeks early, I was wondering if she didn't have it for eight months why did she let something like that go? I would have gone to the doctor when I had been 30 days without a period.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Exactly^^
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• A friend of mine is a "big" girl. Her hormones are out of whack with PCOS. She can go for MONTHS without a period and not be pregnant. So..that part is believable. (going months without a period..if you're used to it you'd not pay it any attention when it happens)

I had a very hard time feeling my first son move because of the placement of his placenta...I wasn't "big" at that time...With my next two, I was bigger and it was more difficult to feel and especially to see them move. So...that part is believable.
    Anonymous

• It just amazes me as well. It's hard to give credibility to stories like that but you never can be sure that they aren't true.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The ppl that don't know are usually larger women and often they say it's a small baby and the women mistake the 'movements' for either gas, their stomach 'growling' or their intestines (need to go potty!!) --

to the pp about missing periods - often times being overweight can affect your cycle - and IF I saw the same show as the OP; one of the women on the show I saw hadn't had periods for several years and that's why her personal Dr never ran a preg test on her and just thought it was blood pressure etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Honestly I'm terrified of this happening to me. Also that I will be and all my home tests will be negative.
    Anonymous