Can A mother Get Arrestd for taking her baby...

OKay so i have a 1 year old child.. im not married and never have been.. i want to move to another state to be with all of my family..... can i get arrested for taking my child with me... When i get there is there any way he can make me come back....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• You  sure can..It would be kid napping..Sure many many people do it..BUT it could happen. I would either talk to the father or the police station 1st..because if you do leave regardless if you are the mother and he decides he wants the child you will not look so good because you left the state

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Depends on your state laws. Also, do you plan on telling the father that you are moving? If you don't tell him then yes, you could be arrested for kidnapping your child if he has visitation and/or custody rights. What state do you live in?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i live in nevada and yes im telling him
    Anonymous

• Is this a divorce? In a divorce, unless agreed by the father, you are no supposed to leave the state. However, if he does not give permission, you CAN obtain it from the Judge (with good cause).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• OKAY SO I GUESS I FORGOT TO LEAVE SOME PARTS OUT... OKAY SO IM LIVING WITH HER DAD.. IAM TELLING HIM IM LEAVING AND I HAVE ASKED HIM TO GO BUT HE WILL NOT LIEAVE HIS MOM....( TOO MUCH OF A MOMMYS BOY)....THERE IS NO CHILD SUPORT IN THIS... HE LIVES WITH ME
    Anonymous

• Do you have joint custody? You might need to get a judge to OK it. If you leave and he cries kidnapping then you could be in trouble.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• how involved in the child's life is the father? if "dad" is visiting regulary, then yes you probally can. if "dad" hasn't had anything to do with you since the pink line showed up, then i would say no. also is his name on the BC cause if it isn't, then he technically has no rights untill a court says he does
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No papers-no problems
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If no one's filed for custody I don't think so but for your protection if he's on the birth certificate I'd get legal custody because he could take her and not give her back and there'd be nothing you can do if he's listed on the birth certificate
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• All depends on if theres a support order. Doesn't matter if your married or not. If he pays for the kid then he can go to the lawyer and subpena you back. And it is possible to be charged with kidnapping UNLESS (THIS IS THE WAY TO GET AROUND IT ALL) you have something written up saying your moving WITH the child and if he agrees and signs it noterized and all that. Only then can you take the child with no worries.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009