CHEATING OVERALL

Do any of you SAHM's feel that if your husband spends money on rebuilding a Motorcycle and restoring an old car is cheating you out of money for stuff you want to do? Do you feel like it's the same as cheating sexually? You feel hurt both ways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It bothers me. I'm always thinking "I can't get this/that because we need the money for other things." Yet my husband constantly buys himeself things. It drives me nuts! One of the few things he does that really bothers me.

The only time it doesn't bother me is when he gets his bonus every year. We both agree that money is his to use as he wishes because he earned it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I dont really think either. It is nothing like cheating sexually in any way ,shape or form. I do get a little upset sometimes because it is nothing for him to go spend $1,000 on a new bow for hunting or 1$,500 on a hunting trip. Me and my daughter have more then we need yes, but we dont spend anywhere near that amount of money to get it and if I wanted to spend even $300 or something to go away for the weekend with all of us or something he wouldnt let me. So that part I feel is pretty unfair.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No it doesnt bother me when my husband spends money on things he likes. I buy things and spend money on things I like too. Its equal and in no way the same as cheating sexually. Thats done behind your back and ruins a relationship. Spending money on hobbies isnt the same to me in anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 7:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• When I was a SAHM, it didn't bother me if he spent money on himself. We had what we needed, roof over our heads, food, wheels, etc. He was the one making the money.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I Felt That Way When He WAS Making Money But Now He's Not So We Are Both Broke Together!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• We discuss all things involving big (or bigger) finances. He wouldn't be doing something like that without discussing it with me first and if I didn't want him to do it...we'd come to a compromise of some sort.

If he did do something like that without discussing it with me first, yes..I'd be more than ticked. However, I don't consider it cheating and I could never liken it to cheating sexually. Two TOTALLY different things.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I guess maybe I don't get the depth of the question. I don't see how it's cheating at all, or even how it would be hurtful.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't say cheating on mine...DH buy what he wants and in return, being a SAHM, he gives me 200 bucks per pay check. That's just for me to spend on some stuff I needed to pamper myself.
    Mommy_G70

Answer by Mommy_G70 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Honestly, he wouldnt spend money without telling me first and my being ok with it.
    Now it might still bug me but I figure he wants parts to fix up something thats important to him its alright, not gonna stand in his way.

Plus Ill get what I want or need at some point too.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• thats why im going to school, so i can get my own job with my own money. i hate not having money of my own
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009