36 weeks! shouldnt i have a bag ready for the hospital just incase i go into labor anytime soon???

What all should i take to the hospital??? Please give me a list i dont care if its a big list. I just want to make sure i have everything that i will need once im there. Ill be 36 weeks on saturday and live 30 minutes away from the hospital. thats why i want to be more then sure that i have everything i would need and want while im there.

Araceli361

Asked by Araceli361 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you take lip balm, most hospitals will only give you ice chips and that'll dry you out, not to mention the mouth breathing.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You need pajamas for you, loose fitting and comfortable, a robe, water bottle, breast pads, nursing bra, digital camera, slippers, shampoo, soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, something comfy to wear home (I always wore something that fit around six mths preg or sweats), clothes for the baby, blankets, pads so you dont have to use those huge ones they give you, extra underwear, movies if you want to watch and ask if they have a dvd player most hosp do, cds, mp3 player, list of phone numbers and thats all I can think of right now.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes you should. you need a bag and so does the new baby. This is what I broought:

Me- Lots of clothes ( pj's, shirts,pants,underwear, a nursing bra, (all comfy)), slippers, my fav blanket, comfy socks, a book, toothbrush & toothpaste, shamp/cond, bodywash, make-up, hair brush/ties, list of people to call w/numbers

Baby- diapers, wipes, clothes, recieving blankets, socks, hats, carseat
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• clothes for you and baby (including lots of underwear-the hospital kind sucks),
    hair brush/shampoo/hair ties/toothbrush/bodywash/makeup(if you wear it... trust me you'll have lots of pics),
    camera,
    cell phone and charger,
    socks,
    car seat,
    blankets or a baby coat (depending on where you live)....
    im sure I forgot something but the other ladies will fill you in
    Anonymous

• Lip balm, toothbrush and toothpaste
    Gown or robe
    Warm socks or slippers

For Dad

Books or magazines for reading
    Camera/video camera
    Telephone numbers of family and friends

For Mom, Postpartum

Front-opening gown for breastfeeding
    Slippers
    Nursing bras and nursing pads
    Favorite snacks
    Reading and writing materials, address book, birth announcements
    Going-home clothing (keep in mind that you will still look 5 - 6 months pregnant)
    For Baby

Car seat (this should be correctly installed in the car prior to the due date
    Receiving blanket for baby
    Outside blanket, bunting, booties and cap for baby
    Going home outfit or sleeper
    Undershirt
    Diapers

Answer by Bmat at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• you can get a list from your maternity hospital
    Anonymous

• thanks you very much moms!
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009