Labor with no contractions?

My mother told me that with her first child(born one month premature) she never felt any contractions. Her waterbroke in the middle of the night, and she went to the hospital. They told her she was in labor and out her in a bed. She then felt like she had to have a bowel movement and told the nurse, the nurse told her not to get up, if she thought she really had to go to go in the bed and they would clean her..... then a baby came out. Anybody else ever hear of anything like this?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol that happen with my mother with me right after the doctor broke her water for her she said that he told her she had at least 3 hours too go if not more in with in less then 5 minutes i was done and was coming out weather they liked it or not she said it felt like she had too shit and nope it was my fat head coming out nurses freaked out and started screaming for a doctor and i have been known as the little shit ever sense lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had that happen with my first kind of. I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom and felt uncomfortable. I wasnt in major pain and if I hadnt been overdue I may not have thought much about it. I went to the hosp and was 5 cm dialated. My mom called and couldnt believe I was just kicking back watching mtv and the news like nothing. It wasnt until the last 30 min I felt any pain. I was in labor a little more then 4 hours.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes. For my second child, I was told that since I was on the pit for 3 days and didn't respond to it, I would never go into labor. At 34 weeks, it felt that he was "head butting" my cervix. No contractions just my cervix kinda throbbed. I went to L & D and was told that I was dialated to 6.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• with my son my water broke but I had no contractions on my own... i had to be induced, and i was given an epidural so i dont even know what contractions feel like... some say thats lucky, but now that im pregnant again im terrified that i wont know im in labor unless my water breaks
    Anonymous

• Ha, my Mom told me that her labor was only 6 hrs total and that includes my birth. So, thinking that i might have an easy one... I go in to a 38 hour labor, forcepts and an emergency c-section. :o) It might be possible but not likely to repeat itself
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• wow..your mom is one of the lucky ones!! but ive never personally heard that before..not to say it doesnt happen!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009