quick food for morning before job

because am working i want to know any healthy quick food for morning for me and my toddler other that to rush with unhealthy stuff

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• When I have to go out in the morning in a rush we have yogurt, toast and fruit.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• peanut butter toast
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I eat a dish of yogurt and a glass of juice. As easy as it gets.

For a little one, a PB sandwich is something you could make the night before. or even the yogurt and a slice of jelly bread. You want something with protein and some good carbs- so make the bread whole grain. If the child needs to finish breakfast in the car, some apple slices or other fruit would finish the meal.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I wake up in enough time to make eggs or hot cereal.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 8:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• eggs take about 2 minutes to make. yogurt is good and oatmeal (the real kind)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• micro a scrambled egg and at the same time toast an english muffin.....viola! Or put yogurt and some fresh fruit in the blender for a quick smoothie.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have started cooking more and more hot breakfasts since I've been pregnant and I'm never going back. It really doesn't take any time at all to do some eggs or pancakes up. You can also make pancakes and waffles ahead of time and freeze them so you just have to throw them in the microwave or toaster and have yourself a decent breakfast. My daughter's favorite cold breakfast is yogurt and a baggie of dry cheerios on the way out the door or she will put granola in her yogurt.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I've started making these:
    http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html
    You can freeze them and reheat them in the morning in just a few minutes. I don't have them every day, but I make a batch every weekend, so their an option any time we're rushed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Instead of rushing, why not get up 15 minutes earlier and have time to eat a healthy breakfast. It sets the tone for the whole day, so if you do the grab and go all the time, you'll really end up paying for it the rest of the day with lack of energy.

You can make extra pancakes, waffles, and french toast on the weekends, and pop it in the oven or toaster in the morning...doesn't take long at all. Also, healthy muffins and fresh fruit are a good choice. Just make sure it isn't triple fudge muffins with streusel. .. :)

Low or non-fat yogurt with fruit and a little granola is good too.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2009