hair falling out?

My son is 4mo. old and he's lost alot of his hair on the back from laying down well now my question is do I cut it so it can grow evenly with the rest of his hair or leave it alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't cut it. It'll all work out in the short run.

My youngest had a mullet for the longest time. It was pretty bad. Eventually I trimmed the back so the top could catch up but she's a girl. Boys usually tend to have shorter hair so I would guess it would catch up more quickly.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think it depends on how it looks. If he has long hair and then is bald in the back I might cut it. If it doesn't look that bad I wouldn't worry about it. (all coming from a mom with a bald baby! LOL)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• He needs to be rotated alot more often it sounds like. I hope his head isn't flat (that happened with my friends daughter). Any who if your baby is in a good mood get someone you trust to help you cut it or shave it. Is the hair he has now still his infant hair? Cuz if thats the case its gonna fall out sooner than later.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't cut it...my son had alot of bald patches and now he's got little hairs everywhere. It'll all catch up. My son is 6 1/2 months old and his hair look great now..It'll catch up.
    jdblack78

Answer by jdblack78 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• both of my girls hair filled in very nice without cutting or trimming
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009