dogs ears

does anyone no what to do when dogs have ear pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pets

• I take mine to the vet

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Take them to the vet. It is an ear infection. It could be caused by mites, yeast, or bacteria. Please take them and get meds for your dog. If you have ever had an ear infection you know they are EXTREMLY painful.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• take them to the vet b/c it could be ear mites or an infection or a number of other things
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my dogs are prone to ear infections. i use wax removal drops and rub their ears gently but with a little pressure and after a day or so they are fine, i also give them K-9 tylenol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My dog gets a yeast infection in her ears from time to time. Have you looked in it to see what it looks like? I have some ear wash the Vet gave me to treat it so I don't have to take her into the vet all the time for it. If it is mites, some of the flea prevention you can get will also prevent mites.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Take the dog to the vet. It may have an infection that can't be treated at home. Over the counter meds for dogs ears don't really work.
    Time to take the dog to the vet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009