Have you ever gone on strike?

like one of those moms on strike and quit doing your chores etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep. My kids started back talking me and one finally said I didnt do anything all day when they were at school. I said ok then I wont for a week and then we shall see. I didnt go grocery shopping, do laundry, cook or anything. It didnt even last a week before they apologized.

Answer by gemgem at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 by: gemgem

That is AWESOME - I am soooooo gonna have to remember that!!!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I am on strike now. My DH does nothing and I mean nothing with his son when we have him. We have 50/50 custody and get him one week on and one week off. I do everything--homework, make sure he showers, cleans his room, goes to bed and such. He also has A LOT of behavoior problems so none of this is easy. DH has gotten to a point he barley even speaks to SS when he is here so I am on strike. I do nothing--if hubby is not doing what needs to be done or handling the tantrums and behavior problems (SS is 10) then I call MIL and she comes to get him. I no longer help or step in. I have enough to do with our other two kids and the rest of the house and such. I put in 5 years of trying my hardest and nothing helped so now it is on DH.
    Anonymous

• No, but Ive thought about it LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i went on strike with house chores and hubby realized that i was tired of cleaning up and being a slave so now he helps and he spoils me every other weekend...
    Anonymous

• I did with my ex when he said I did nothing. I worked full time and went to school full time and cleaned the house and did his laundry. After a week he decided that I did do a lot and agreed to help out a little more.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would never do this. I am a MOM therefore I have a duty here at home. With the kids ,the chores, whatever needs done. When you GROW UP it is called doing things you don't always want to do. You are the mom, how about suck it up and do the housework, because no matter who you are or are not with, you are still going to have chores. If your spouse doesn't clean, guess what? Whether you are with them or not, you will have to clean!! Seriously I think it is ridiculous to go on strike with something that you will ALWAYS have to do! Irregardless of your current stress or situation. What the heck do you think going on strike is teaching your children? That it is OK to juts give up when you don't want to? Gee...
    BeanIrene1

Answer by BeanIrene1 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Most Definately...they usually happpen quarterly around here LOL. Seriously though. It hasn't happened in awhile though. My kids are little though, so it was never directed at them, just at my husband when he would do really annoying things one too many times like leave a sink full of dishes for me with note to make his lunch because he was too tired when I would get home at ten o'clock at night from working, or like leaving his dirty clothes all over the bedroom instead of the hamper, not my fault if they wouldn't get washed. LOL. Funny, it hasn't happened since I have become a SAHM though LOL. Go figure, and no, I most definately do not pick his boy droppings up.
    groovegal

Answer by groovegal at 11:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009