What do you think about circumcision's?

barbiejo2009

Asked by barbiejo2009 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think if your jewish it makes sense.
    Anonymous

• I was on the fence, my husband thought it a must, so he is. He never had a problem due to it. No matter what, a child needs to learn good hygyne.
    HelenetheQueen

Answer by HelenetheQueen at 8:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm not against them in general, but I see no point in them, personally. You're built a way for a reason..... it's not a deformity, it's supposed to be there. I don't think they should be done w/o at least local anesthesia, either. Beyond that, I don't think too much about it. To each their own.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• For those of you on the fence, go to http://www.nocircpa.org/4642.html
    There are NO medical associations that recommend it!
    I personally feel it's genital reduction surgery and abuse.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't believe in it, regardless, so we wont get it done if we ever have a boy. I wouldn't circumcise my daughter, or pierce her ears, nor will I alter a boy's appearance for no reasons.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It's not something I think is necessary. I don't have any sons and thats probably a good thing because DH would insist on one and I would insist on leaving him intact.

There's no medical reason needed for them. It's all a cosmetic issue for most people. We aren't of a religion that requires them. And personally I think God made their bodies perfectly and there's no reason for us to alter them at birth to make it "look right".
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well, I think that circumciseing is a good hygiene... If I have a boy I will do it, regardless of what others may think! Its my own decision to do these things, it doesn't make me any less of a mother, and i'm sure that most of your husbands are circumsized as well! I will be doing it for my son, not for anyone else...including society!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think they are really sad for babies. I don't agree with cosmetic surgery on infants at all. The foreskin really does serve apurpose. Circ'ing doesn't make anything cleaner or neater or easier.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Both of my boys are done but I don't agree with it. It's the "If I knew then what I know now" thing. If I could go back in time and change things, I would!!

Circd boys are not cleaner than un-circd boys. It's a myth.

www.circumcision.org
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• totally unnecessary at best, male genital mutilation at worst.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 8:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2009