Is your house like this at dinner time

really really quiet unless you strike up the conversation? Wow, my family just sits there eating away not even looking at eachother unless I strike up a conversation...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• No, but I know what you mean. I'm a quiet eater so I really don't talk much.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My house is NEVER quiet.

They even talk in their sleep.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Our family talks some during meals. I learned that if I shut off the tv, we communicate a lot better. Hubby or I will ask the kids how their day was and get them started and then there's no stopping them. Our kids have so far always had an open relationship with us ( ages 8 & almost 4) and we show them that their thoughts, feelings, opinions are valued and they in turn ask us how our day was etc. It's much easier when you start doing that when the kids are small so it's normal routine for them to sit and talk at the table. Hubby and I don't talk a whole lot to each other, because the kids are talking so much but it's important to us that they feel that we want to hear what they have to say. After they're finished eating, he and I will sit and talk some one on one and the kids will either watch tv or we'll play a game at the table ( wahoo, yahtzee and they love candy land).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Good grief, no unfortunately. This place is like a zoo, with lots of noise and commotion and kids running and screaming. L*rd help me. PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I can't take this anymore and I am ready to just run away and leave them by themselves. But they are only babies so I can't.
    Anonymous

• yeah but then I live alone and eat alone!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No, we talk quite a bit through dinner.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No thank god itstalk talk talk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Never, Ever!!! Always Anomosity! Baby son, teenager and girlfriend, husband and I. We always talk during dinner
    sheilatanman

Answer by sheilatanman at 12:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2009