I am having a baby in December and my son will be 22 months old then. What is your opinion on sharing a room or having a separate room for the kids?

We are buying a house and it will have 3 rooms and we are not sure if we should put the kids in one room or have them share a room. We are trying to figure this out.

sarahsellcm

Asked by sarahsellcm at 9:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not recommend sharing a room with the baby and the 22 month old. Small kids like to think they are helping, but my son wanted to put everything in his little sisters crib. There are too many ways a baby can get hurt by sharing a room with another small child. Maybe when the kids are older this would work. At one time I had a 6 year old and 2 year old sharing a room, that worked great, but you really can't trust your 22 month old not to put things in the crib that may potentially harm, smother or choke the baby.
    hafaadaiak

Answer by hafaadaiak at 9:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i have to agree with the answer above me!!...while you're asleep anything can happen and if you're not there to watch the situation can turn out worse! God bless and the best of luck!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 9:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I'm lil girl is three and my son is four months and they share a room. I think its fine as long as youdont leave the baby alone with your oldest child too long. If you get a baby montier (Babies R Us) you can sleep easy .
    Shari_Robinson

Answer by Shari_Robinson at 9:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• my kids shared a room until december adn its hard. (not when he was a baby but around the time he was 2 and up) the messes, the fights, the getting out of bed and playign with each other at betime...i think if you have seperate rooms go that way. they're going to want that themselves when they get older anyway.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• They should have their own rooms until they are a little older, if you can swing it. Nothing wrong with sharing a room, but it is so much easier on everyone if they are seperate for now. Otherwise, they will keep waking each other up!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008