what do you think of potty trainning new born?

I have sat and watched this movie about potty training new borns and i wasn't very into the whole idea of this anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've seen it - and if it works for ppl then they're welcome to it - but in reality your not "potty" training your newborn so much as training yourself to know when they usually go and what their 'cues' are...not something I'm ever gonna try! LOL
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Sounds like more work then its worth.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't have the patience for it, not to mention all the laundry I'd be doing. I figured that by the time they would actually be able to use the toilet on their own would be around the same time most people potty train anyway so it wouldn't be worth it much to start real early. I don't mind chaning diapers!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yah I thought it was cool for people who could do it...but honestly...especially for a first time mommy...that's the last thing your thinking of.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• same here it sound way more work and its hard enought to deal with older childern, house work and school. and knowing me i would prolly get pissed on more then the toliet
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Here here, i agree that its more work than it sounds. I'd say wait to put that into effect until the little one can sit up. I meen I guess its a nice Idea to get them used to the potty.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Too much work for me.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• more like training the parent :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have a cousin who did it. Sshe doesnt watch for her babies cues, she just tells them when to go. She holds them over the toilet and says "pssss" like a peeing noise lol, and they go! I think it's great and admirable, but It is not for me.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009