S/O of Psychic question in R&B : I wonder if believing in what the psychic says so much MAKES the stuff come true. They don't see the future- they suggest it and YOU make it real.

Any thoughts about that?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 5:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I believe its a bit of both. I think there are multiple outcomes in every situation and the suggestion make you lean to one over the others.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 29, 2012

• That's part of it. Another is predictions so vague they have to come true. "A woman in your life will become pregnant" Well, who doesn't know at least one person who is pregnant between friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, social groups, etc? "I see legal papers in your future" Everything has legal papers attached to it - if you get a car loan or a mortgage or even file your taxes there are "legal papers" involved.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2012

• Oh I absolutely believe that can happen. I believe our minds are very powerful, and just the thought of something can lead us down the path to making it come true.
    It may be sub-conscious, but it is vey possible.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2012

• I'd say that the phone-psychics are filling people with BS and vague predictions. I think a vast majority of psychics are fakes. I won't rule out the possibility that some psychics have real "powers", though.

Sylvia Brown freaks me out, lol.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Psychics are so much fun to play with. Much of their readings come from our expressions during the session. Make them believe that you are believing, then give an expression that suggests that the reader is way off turf. Make them lose confidence.
    Anonymous

• What I believe is that the so-called "psychics" are just trained in analyzing information. Think of the program "Psych", where his only ability was seeing things other miss and conclude something from them. This, IMHO, is what psychics do. They look at you, your gestures, tone of voice, posture, etc, and reach accurate conclusions from those observations.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2012

• i have had some psychic visions, that came true.
    I saw a dead person in my mind and a body was found there the next day
    i saw someone in my mind almost get hit by a car, and ten minutes later the exact thing happened

how to explain that? i do not know, but i had a lot of this stuff happen to me when i was in early twenties
    it got very real, vivid in my mind, and the two examples above were enough fo rme
    i prayed very hard to have it stop
    and for the most part it did
    i guess i turned it off

anon, because people think i am nuts enough- lmao
    Anonymous

• anon....I too have had dreams of things that were happening at the time they were happening,or were about to happen in the next 2 or 3 days.
    I don't that think that is what being "psychic' means though. I think that is just part of my being an empath....feeling others emotions and being connected on another level of energy. I can't totally explain it either, but I know what has happend to me, and I welcome it.

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2012

• Ya I've had some weird stuff happen to me too. I believe there are real psychics out there with the gift, and there are many scam artists. There was a lady once who read my friend and she was totally amazing, and then she couldn't get even one thing right about me. As far as the OP, ya I think that can be totally true.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2012

• Yes I believe that can happen.  I think most psychics aren't genuine.  I do think there are some people who have true psychic ability but most aren't believable.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2012