Would you have gone?

My girlfriend's father grew up on an old farm in southern West Virginia. The original owners, owned slaves.

Every night during her father's childhood the ghost of one of the slaves (a man) would come into her room and would motion with his hand for her to come with him.

She never would but he returned faithfully every night to make another attempt to get her grandmother to follow him.

If this were you would you have followed? Why/why not?

As chilling as the thought of following a ghost to an unknown location seems I would love to know what he wanted her to see or find. I also wonder if she had followed him one night if that would have put his soul to rest.

BTW, this is a true story.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 8:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't. As much as I wish I could say that I would...I'm just too plain chicken. I'm terrified of seeing a ghost, I've never had a supernatural experience and I hope I never do O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't have gone. I don't believe that after we die we float around the earth. Where we go, there's no coming back. I do believe that Satan can come in any form and is always there trying to fool us. That would make it THAT much scarier and I wouldn't have gone!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm so into that stuff. I would have gone. I am VERY much into history, so I would want to see what he wanted me to see. I meen how often do you get that kind of a chance?! I'd like to consider myself a christian as I have accepted Jesus as my savior. But yea... I'd so go
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would have definitely. As for it being the devil? I don't believe that at all... my friend saw her grandmother after she died, she smiled and blew a kiss to her, and left. That doesn't sound like the devil to me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It would honestly depend on the feelings inside of me. If I felt nervous or uncomfortable, no. But if I had a sense of peace then probably. I couldn't say not being in the situation.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx My daughter has a friend that comes to visit her about 3 times a week after we put her down for bed. She plays and laughs with this person. She is not the least bit scared. The first 4 nights it happened Abbie was up playing until around 11:00-11:30 so on the fourth night I waltz in, said I don't mind you playing with her but don't keep her up this late she needs her rest and she is never up past 10:00pm now.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yeah... I'd have been all over that lol........ AND I wouldn't have Jason & Grant out there asap!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Wow. I think it would be dependent on the vibe the spirit put off whether or not I would follow it, or maybe I would follow it but I wouldn't go outside with it, I'd want to stay in my comfort zone so I could keep the upper hand.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If I could get somebody to come with me I'd love to go. LOL. But I'm a bit of a chicken, too. I definitely believe in ghosts and all that but I'd still be scared.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No, because I know the spirit of the dead do not roam the earth.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009