TMI question for BF-ing moms

are you able to have normal sex with your hubbys even with your breasts out..or do you have to wear the pads? I know this sounds really dumb but I'm curious cause I want to BF and I was just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wondered the same thing. I BF both of my kids past 12 months and have had great sex with my hubby. I had to wear pads almost all the time for the first 6 months--as in during the day and to sleep but for short times (sex) I could take off the bra and pads after about two months. Before the two months I would leak or squirt my hubby if he squeezed to hard lol.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Of course you can have 'normal' sex with your husband. You may leak or you may not, it is a personal thing and there is no hard and fast rule on what will happen to you. Any way you look at it there should be no hindrance in your sex life (minus that in which baby causes).

Anonymous

• Damn.. i dont really remember. I only breast fed for about 7 weeks. You can't have sex till about then, and thats when the baby daddy left me so i never got the chance to find out. Do it the scientific way. DO IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• At first I was still quite leaky so I would wear something sexy on top with pads hidden. Now it doesn't matter- but it's fun to do it with a top on every now and then =)
    Anonymous

• I would leak at the very beginning when I was still engorged, but not after the first month or two.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• hahaha... well funny you ask that... i jsut had my son not even 3 weeks a goo and i have has sex with my hubby 2 times... lols.. i know its something you souldnt doo BUT ..... well anyways.... both times they where out... and the first time mt milk was all the way in yet so it was just alikke drip... BUT yesterday... lols... it was like someone turned on the watter... and that made it kinda werred after a little bit... so i put my bra and pads back on... lols... when i looked down at my hubbys chest all i could see what milk... and yeah it was very apellin to mee... well it kinda killed it... i hope it helped....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't cover them. Plus, mine doesn't mind breastmilk at all so even if they leak, I wouldn't cover the,.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• a few times i would have to push on m y boobs really hard to stop the let down, but i don't think i ever squirted him or anything. just some leakage, but neither of us cared. sex was always naked for us.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• This is not TMI :-) I have to wear a bra with pads. It is normal for your breasts to leak during sex. Especially because nipples can become aroused during sex. Nipple stimulation causes "letdown" in many women.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• At first I had to wear a bra, and my breasts were off limits. Then I got tired of that. LOL

I will warn you though, orgasm can cause a major let-down, so you might shoot him in the face ... depending on your position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2009