Who said this phrase?

In another post in this group, someone said "they just chap my butt." I love it! I want to use it! Never heard it before. Who said it? It was posted by an anon!

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never heard "chap my butt" I always hear "chaps my hide" and John Wayne originally said it I believe, but it wasn't me in the post I never post anon.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• LOL up north we have said "that really chaps my butt (but not butt lol)" for years, probably from John Wayne.....that someone changed in the 90s to be hip as the gal above said LOL makes me laugh
    if you get to know people from all over the country you will learn all kinds of sayings. like down south here people say "I'm fixin to go to the store" where as up north we just say "I'm getting ready" I have come to love the "fixin"
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009