What do you usually do at a baby shower?

lol I've never been to one and my friends throwing me one, what do you do? And what's good etiquette to thank them for throwing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You usually play games, eat cake and open presents. Make sure you have someone write down what gifts were given and by who while you're opening presents so that you can send thank you cards later.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The ones I have been to we usually eat a light lunch, such as meat and cheese tray, chips etc. We also play games and visit.

When my friends have thrown me showers I just write a well thought out thank you note and fortunately enough I have been able to return the favor:)

I love baby showers-Have fun!!
    Anonymous

• Depends on the shower. Often times there are silly games. With mine we had a bunch of friends and just did appetizer outside on a patio... it was fun.
    Thank the person who throws it for you and write thanks yous for each gift.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• At both of mine, we played games, at lunch, ate cake and opened presents. You can google "baby shower games" to get a good idea of the activities.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• We did a Jack N Jill shower, it was like a baby shower/cook out . . . it was a lot of fun . . dh was making daquiris and we had our yard all set up with tents and canopies. Unfortunately, it was like 93 degrees and super humid so we didn't go outside until later in the afternoon. We started at 1pm and had guests until after 10 . . it was fun. I was a bit uncomfortable and super swollen, but it was fun (lots of food . . what pleases a pregnant woman more? . . lol) We got everything we registered for and more!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Are you having a girl? I did, and we had pink potato salad . . it was cute!
    BridgetC140

• sit around open presents and pretend to like everyone who showed up :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I thanked the hostess of my shower with a small gift. Maybe a gift card to her favorite restaurant, or a pedicure(or other spa treatment)... whatever she would like. I also gave out favors to the guests (personalized M&M's with my son's name on them).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009