how do you get a free phone from verizon?

Mine broke and they are making me buy a new one i only had it 2 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• Did you have insurance on it? If not you are stuck paying for it sorry :(
    Anonymous

• steal it.notthings is for free
    Anonymous

• That happened to me too! It was really annoying because my "contract" was not up so I had to pay full price for a new one. I could be wrong, but I think you just have to fork out the $$$ for a new one.
    Anonymous

• Unless you had insurance on it you have to buy a new one.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My husband had his 1 year old cell phone replaced for free earlier this afternoon actually! It was a flip phone and the hinge busted on it so he couldn't use it. They looked it up and it's a common issue with that particular phone, so they replaced it. We were just outside our 1 year warranty on the phone but the manager approved it.

Go directly to a Verizon store if you have one. Don't deal with the ma & pa companies.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Buying insurance doesn't "insure" you get a new phone for free if something happens to your phone before your contract is up. My husband has broken countless phones, and we have had some just stop doing something.....like one we had the person on the other end couldn't hear us talking. Well, the "insurance" only covers certain things. It was a waste of money I found. I have one month to go until my 2 years is up, and hope the phone lasts till then for my new phone....that still isn't free. LOL They get ya anyway they can. No one gives anything away for free...there is always a price
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Generally our experience has been the "Main Account Holder" may have to pay a "Surcharge" for a new phone if his year isn't up. When I added my acct to my s/o the phone was absolutely free and they took all my sims info from Cingular and for 10.00 transfered it over. Sounds expensive, but, that sims card had 549 contact with home addresses, and emails!!! 10.00 well spent for this gal!!!
    Marine88Mom

Answer by Marine88Mom at 11:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009