Is it "rude" to ask?

why some moms need a c section? I was under a silly impression I guess that c sections were really rare..but now them seem really common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think its rude at all... I know girls that had to and I know girls who planned them.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had one because after 2 hours of pushing my baby was in destress. It turns out his cord was wrapped a couple of times tightly around his neck and when I would push it would cut off the blood supply to him.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't think it's rude as long as you ask like you're actually curious and not judging. It is quite common, there are many reasons to need a c section. My mom had all 6 of her children c section because her cervix wouldn't dilate past a 2 no matter how long she was in labor, and eventually the baby would flip around to breech.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If a mom had to have a c-section due to complications the next children will usually be delivered the same way. Doctors don't want you to do vbac due to the complications that can arrise.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't think it's right to have a C-section done just to have one... I know some women do that to bypass all the labor but IMO I think it's just stupid! I think C-sections should be reserved for emergencies!
    Sorry...just had to get that off my chest....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had to have one b/c my dd's heartrate was dropping to low and staying there for too long according to the dr.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I was thinking that too mominbolt, because I've noticed more and more women have it done, when I always thought it was very rare..
    Anonymous

• Pelvic bone isn't large or wide enough in most cases. I heard that large women are more likely ot get a c e never section. Not sure if its really true. I'v e never had a c section with any of my kids. Therefore, you may have to research more.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Godswk, that's bull.
    The most common reason for a c-section is failure to progress in labor, often caused by maternal stress.

It's intended to be rare, and I personally DON'T think it's rude to ask. What if the woman's doctor is telling her bad information?
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 9:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had to get it done because my Dr. thought my daughter was going to be huge. so we both thought we should do a c-section....oh and plus I'm short...so sometimes that's hard to deliver vaginally.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009