Have you ever breastfed your baby in a moving car?

I'll admit, I have on occasion climbed back there and fed her when nothing else would sooth her and time wouldn't allow to pull over (someone else was driving of course) but does anyone else do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't imagine it's very safe... No I never did that and I don't know anyone that has either.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• noway, we'd always pull over.
    Anonymous

• I want to be the first to say, your baby should never be out of her car seat. We all know that and I think your trying for the attention. Unless of course you managed to lean over with her still in the seat and breastfeed that way...
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 9:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yes i have done this a few times. esp on long trips.
    Anonymous

• Even leaning over the baby isn't safe, what if the driver needed to slam on the brakes? No one can be in my car without a seatbelt, especially now that I have a baby. What if we were in an accident and because someone wasn't wearing their belt, went flying into my daughter and hurt her. I do NOT mess around with the safety of my baby!! Have I ever breastfed in the car . . yes, we went to a vietnamese restaurant and of course, she started snapping so I had to go sit in the backseat and nurse her . . . but the driver (dh) was still inside enjoying his Pho.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm glad he was able to enjoy his Pho. We don't need hungry drivers on the road either, likely to be distracted easy.
    Bridget I was being what is commonly called a 'smart butt'. :p
    I don't think I would feel safe doing that...
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 9:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yah but I made him stop when I drove him home!
    Anonymous

• my cousin used it as an excuse to keep the baby out of his car seat so he would not cry.one night by the grace of God she did not ride home with her mother, her mother flipped the van and the baby would have been killed. she learned from that!
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I didn't say you were being serious. I was giving my opinion, even if the baby was still in its seat, it is still quite dangerous. Dd has been in the car with me and a couple of my friends a few times and it's so funny, because they drive so slowly . . . it scares the hell out of them knowing that there is a little baby in the car . . . I don't mind it all . . you can never be too careful!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ME!!
    And I recall that it's legal in some states to hold babe in arms to nurse. :-o
    BUT I WOULD NOT DO THAT!!!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009