What career would you choose?

Hello all, I wanted to ask my mom friends a serious question.
Ok, here we go. I like to take photos and I've done it since I wa a kid. Once I became an adult I developed a love for cooking and baking, but particulary baking. Over the years I have thought about taking one of these careers seriously and take the plunge to learn more and eventually run my own business doing one of these mentioned above. My hang up is which one is more realistic in earning a decent income today? Which one has more of a need. The photography is something I've done more research on. You don't need a degree and many people call themselves a photographer. It is a very competitive field. I have not done much research on being a pastry chef. Help me decide moms.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think I'd go with the chef thing if I were you. Photography is very competitive & with today's technology, many people don't have the need for a professional photographer as much as before.

With being a pastry chef, there will always be a need with birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, showers, etc, etc.

You could still persue photography at the same time, too --- by doing freelance & selling to magazines, books, etc.

Just my take on it ---- from an amateur photographer :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009