How does a pregnant girl come out of this ??

I'm 6 months pregnant and I have been feeling pretty depressed lately. I dont eat as much as I should. I dont sleep regularly. I feel useless cause I cant go back too work, I cant even go out with my friends for a decent hour of the day without having someone tell me that " I shouldnt be doing this..", I have never felt so 'controlled' before by others. I want to know how I can get myself out of this situation without bringing people into it who have not felt this way while being pregnant before. How can I make myself feel better about myself?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you on bed rest? or just restricted in your activity?
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I feel the same way... I'm 7 months. I feel like this will never be over. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful the baby is healthy and I love feeling her kick but I just am so sick of being pregnant. I want to get back into doing things again and not having all this unwanted advice thrown at me. I know it didn't answer your ?, but your not alone
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• That's normal. Once you get to the point that you can't do some of the simplest things any more... it is kind of depressing.

My advice --- accept it. It will not last forever... and believe me, there will come a night with a colicy baby where you WISH you were back here now LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i understand the depression part..im 7 months and im having to go on meds for it.. but what is it that theyre trying to tell you you shouldnt do? have a baby?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think I would take the colicy baby, at least that way they are out and here
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Are you on bed rest, how old are you? I remember having people telling me to be careful and giving me unwanted advice. My mother in law used to tell me when I went to work on a rainy day that if I fell that would be the end of it. I hated it each time she talked to me like that. Because of the baby, people feel very protective and want us to be careful. Unless you are smoking, using drugs, or any other thing to hurt your body/child, it is nobody elses's business.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i feel the same ive actually yelled at people before telling them im pregnant not crippled i hope things get better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009