My son just turn four months and I can't seem to get him on the bottle so I can go back to work. I've try very bottle that I can think of with no change. He just trys his head and trys to wait me out (I think he finds this funny). I've been doing part time work and rushing to my moms on my lunch break to feed him (my mom is 30 min from my job and I have a hour lunch break). And help would be great!! Thanks

Shari_Robinson

Asked by Shari_Robinson at 9:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have someone else try to feed him from a bottle. He knows you have something better, so he will have a harder time accepting a bottle from you. The first few times you should stay out of the room so he is not aware you are so close.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• have you tried Playtex? They have larger nipples then bottles such as Dr. Brown's. Other than that I'd say if he is hungry then he'll just have to eat it from the bottle. He'll get used to it just keep offering it to him.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Have someone else feed him see how that goes, he will take it onces he knows you not there to feed him.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 11:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• when i first gave my son a bottle, he cried for about 40 minutes before he began to suck.
    so, mabey, try to hold it in his mouth until he starts to suck, it might take a while.
    also, try squeezing the nipple a little bit so he understands that there is food in there..lol.
    if he thinks it is a funny thing, try not looking at him so much when you are feeding him. if he sees your face, that might be a big reason why he is doing this, he might be trying to show off.
    hope this helps!
    :)
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 11:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2008