Here is my husbands question, why can't you look before you sit on the toilet?

He says I gotta raise it up why can't you put it down?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 9:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cause then where is the fun in yelling at your husband for not putting it down ? lol he knows they all laugh when we fall in
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• because its easier for him just to put it down when he's done!! :) you flush and put it down. not a hard task
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• 'cause with 2 kids running around by the time I have to pee I have to go THEN , I ain't got time to be looking at the seat, I'm more worried about ploppig down before I tinkle my britches!!
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Same reason he can't aim well enough to hit a toilet bowel.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The natural position is down. We shouldn't have to fight nature. Gravity pulls things down, including toilet seats.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• its probably better all together if you ALWAYS put the cover down so when the toilet flushes there aren't little tiny particle sprays of poop and pee. Especially if you keep your toothbrushes on the bathroom counter! maybe it would be called even between you two! : )
    hipmommaCLB

Answer by hipmommaCLB at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Why can't you sit down to go pee? My husband sits down on toilets and stands up at urinals.
    Suzle

Answer by Suzle at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I agree about closing the lid, which has the result of putting the seat down. Also, it demands that both men and women raise the lid- so each are raising a part of the toilet pieces. Both raise, both lower. I read that the debris and germs fly around for several feet when the toilet is flushed, so the lid should be closed before flushing. It is why when you are in a public bathroom and you enter a stall where the toilet hasn't been flushed, that you exit that stall and find another.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Love the gravity one! ~ I don't have to look! My 4 guys all sit down ~ I love my mil for training my DH!
    Anonymous

• I'll be honest, I don't mind putting it down when I go. I'm so used to it! And now, we have to keep the lids down because of the baby! And really, in the early a.m. I hate to have to bend to lift that lid! It's so urgent when at that time of day! But my father always asks "Why can't you LIFT the seat when you're done so I don't have to!!". I guess I was groomed to just live with it! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009