baby has hives? 5 months old!

I not sure what to do about it. I mean they are not bad just a few spots on her tummy right now. im pretty sure it was peaches but im not positive. when should i take her to the doctor? she is breathing fine and not running a fever and acting normal as could be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Do you have an after hours number you can call? My dd got them at 4 months and I called them, they sent me to the ER where they gave her some benadryl.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'd call the after hours number to find out what antihistamine they recommend and what dosage to use.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Also it might not be the food. My daughter did that if I put new clothes on her that weren't washed yet. If that is the case wipe her down. If it is the foods I would call the after hours number.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would call your pediatrician (most clinics even if closed have someone to take calls if you stay on the line long enough)
    See if you can give a dose of benadryl. And document the peach allergy!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009