What does your c-section scar look like?

And how far are you pp? I am 6 months pp and mine is still dark and keloided. Will this eventually change? It's also so itchy, but when I scratch the area, it feels like I'm scratching someone else.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just be thankful you can see the darned thing! LOL

After 3 Csections, I have to lift my belly to see the scar!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Mine is about 4in long and almost faded out of sight. It's been 2 years. After the itching went away, it was numb for quite a while too.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i am 2wks pp and mine i havent been able to look at it yet but i can feel it and it feels weird i dont know how to explain it.

And to answer your ? yes it will change at 9m pp with my son mine was almost un-noticable.(SP?)
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm 6 months pp... mine is pink. Still itchy sometimes and a little numb.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm 5 weeks postpartum and it still looks dark and like a thick marker line about 4 inches long. I've heard it will get thinner and lighter but it hasn't changed yet.

To add a question: How do they do it when you have your second c-section. Do they just cut on top of the original one? Does it make it look worse?
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 9:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• they just go right over your original scar. and no it doesnt look worse. I have had 3.
    Anonymous

• Good question momofpurebliss, I have often wondered that myself!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• sorry hit anon on accident
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Im a little over 5 months pp ... mine is a dk pink, thick, 4 inch line. Still numb, itchy ... and sometimes still hurts.
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm a little over 5 months pp too. And mine is dark and about 4 inches long. It doesn't really itch or hurt much (although it does now and then) but it is still numb. The center is kind of more puckered and pink than the rest.
    Mine still oozes now and then but the dr told me as long as it doesn't look and smell like infection and it isn't bleeding, it is fine.
    MrsAce150

Answer by MrsAce150 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009