Pharmacist question

When you fill a prescription does the pharmacist call the prescribing physician before filling it? They must due to people forging scripts, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• It just depends on if it looks suspicious or not. They do not call on all scripts. Narcotics is a big one though, they may or may not call. Depends.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• medications suchs at ritalin and other narcotic drugs they do call to verify. Other medications, unless wrote incorrectly, they will not call.
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I guess it depends on the amount being dispensed or by looking at your prescription history. When my dentist prescribes vicodin, he only gives me 15 so they never call the dentist office. I suppose if I was getting 100 vicodins ever week along with other controlled substances they would call. However, it goes flip side since I use the military system and they see the vicodin that wasn't prescribed by the military docs so I have to explain it was from the dentist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009