Need your help, My dad got bit by a red ant in Flordia. Now he have a fever for a few days and very weak and a huge red bump on his leg. What should we do?

Godslittlegirl

Asked by Godslittlegirl at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• ER. It could kill him. NovemberLove knows what she is saying. Please take him in.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ER?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would probably call my family Dr.
    Anonymous

• He needs to be seen...ASAP.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Take him to an urgent care clinic or the ER. It could be OK or it could be serious.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Motrin for the fever and to reduce the redness and swelling, ER or urgent care to have the bump lanced and get the infection out. Depending on how far the infection in the bump has tunneled (it's an infection, believe me), it may be very urgent that he get it lanced and drained ASAP. He may have a Staph infection (ants carry loads of bacteria and can introduce other bacteria that live on your skin into wounds by biting you) requiring antibiotics.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ER ASAP!
    CherieM

Answer by CherieM at 12:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Thank you for all your help.... My dad went to his doctor today.. The doc said if he didn't come in today he would probably be on his death bed by tomorrow. Because The pioson had already went through his whole body in such a few days..We didn't think that a ANT bite could be so serious. Boy, was we wrong! Again, Thank You for taking time out for me and my family. This ment alot to me......May God bless each and everyone of you for your help.
    Godslittlegirl

Answer by Godslittlegirl at 7:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

Godslittlegirl

Answer by Godslittlegirl at 7:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009