what would u do if you found out a child of yours molested somebody?

As hard as this is to imagine, I was molested by a 7yr old when I was 5. Got the idea from parents porn laying around, and experimented on me and his sister. What if it was your child who molested? What would you do?

HelenetheQueen

Asked by HelenetheQueen at 9:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would get the child a psych evaluation and then have them in therapy.
    I would also make sure that they were not left alone with other children until you felt they had learnt right from wrong.
    Kids who molest kids are normally being abused in some way themselves or merely have ideas (from the porn left around) and opportunity because a lot of parents think that leaving kids alone with other kids is OK.
    I was abused for a year by brothers whose step dad used to whip them with a belt so bad they had to wear jeans and long sleeves to school in 110+ heat. I blame their mother for sending them to live with us (their dad) and not getting rid of the fool she married.
    Anonymous

• Turn him in.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would probably kill them and thats my honest answer! There is nothing worse than a pedophile!!
    Anonymous

• Sorry anon 8:48. I just reread the question and I misunderstood it the first time. Hmmm I really don't know what I would do in that situation!
    Anonymous

• this happened on csi and he got caught and his dad disowned him... i forget what happened to him legally, but i would turn him in
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• not csi, law and order sorry
    aliciatron

• 1. if my child was young. i would apologize to parents & see if there was anything i could do like help pay for therapy or whatever i could do.

2. Take my child to a therapist.. hopefully work throught whatever it is. and find out what made her do that. from there it would be on my childs report what happend & future caretakers/teachers would be aware & be able to help watch my child.

If the child was 13 & well understood what he/she was doing, I guess it depends on the severity of it all.. I know I would NOT ignore it, hide it. But I honestly dont know if i could march my child to the jail house, unless it was extreme aggravated rape or something...

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• How I would react would depend on how old the child was and exactly what they did. A 5 year old trying to "experiment" with another young child wouldn't have the same implications as a teen seriously molesting a younger child, for example. Both are serious, but the latter is MUCH more serious in my opinion and would require more serious consequences.

And by the way...your situation really isn't that difficult to imagine. It's a lot more common than people like to think. I was molested by a cousin who was my own age and one that was much older. It took me years to come to terms with it, but the more I talked openly about it, the more other women would privately tell me that they had gone through something similar but thought they were alone. Sharing with other women who were molested did more to help me than expensive therapy.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Get the child help ASAP. As to get to the bottom of the situation. Kids that abuse other kids have been abused themselves porn laying around doesn't make a child act out. Kids learn from what was done to them not what they saw laying around.
    Anonymous

• Omg., It does happen quite often You would have to get Him some help fast while He is Young, I too was molested when I was 8 by a Cousin that was 10, and its not easy to get over it.
    Anonymous