So watching a commercial for 17 kids n counting the first wedding of the kids.. got me thinking- (not necessarily about that show)..

Since him and his fiance never kissed before there wedding and they never had alone time.. (or last I heard) HOW do they really know each other? Do you think its a good idea to not kiss before marriage or do you think that is dumb? I feel like kissing is a way to connect on a deeper level. If you don't ever have time alone with your bf/gf or fiance.. how would you REALLY know them?? Would you want your kids to not kiss or have alone time with future spouse?? What do you think about this? I feel like when they wake up the next day after their wedding they would just feel so akward!!

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think that you do need alone time to connect on a different level. I think that you need that extra emotional attachment before you marry. I don't think alone time should or would equate to sex, but give them time alone. I do however think that the wedding night would be awkward. LOL. I would give my child the time that she needs alone with a person to discover what she needed to know, but not enough to get her in trouble is you know what I mean.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yeah I am sitting here watching Jon and Kate plus 8 and have seen the Duggar commercial over and over. Basically, I don't agree with ANYTHING the Duggars do so that would go for the way they perceive chastity and marriage, also. I think they are socially irresponsible having so many children but of course that is JMO.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i love jon n kate plus 8 :) ahhhh =D but i also love 17 kids and counting and i think its awesome for the most part how they do what they do.. but that is jmo also but i don't agree with that marriage thing. yuck
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Idk, but I could never do it. I fell for my SO with that first kiss, and to this day every kiss feels just like the first one. I wouldn't encourage my dd to do that, but if it is what she wanted I would respect and support her decision. To each their own!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i agree with you, you need alone time in order to get to know someone's TRUE self.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I absolutely love the Duggers and I can only wish to imulate those remarkable parents. That dad gets more one on one with his children than most parents do. It's not irrespnosible to have that many children as long as you are able to provide. As they are very strong in their faith, the bible says to stay sexually pure for your spouse, so you come to your marriage bed pure of sexual immorailty. It was not uncommon even in the 1800's for a couple who was courting to be chaperoned till the vows were made. The youth pastor at my church always says "holding hands leads to sex." Marrying someone should not be based on how well someone can kiss or how good they are in bed but what is in their heart. Maybe that is why there is such a high divorce rate, we base it on what feels good for the "flesh" as apposed to what is good for the "spirit."
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 10:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i use to think they were very normal people. nothing that weird about them, just lots of kids. but that commercial creeped me out. the way the fiance' says "you can trust me we've never kissed" seems so painful! like he had no say in their courting relationship.

i find it honorable that they've waited till the wedding night to have sex. everything's been put up on a pedistle and im afraid they will be disappointed when its not all that they expected. 1st time sex isnt always that great! but i wish them all the best!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You don't have kiss someone to know them. I agree about the alone time, but they were willing to sacrifice that so that someone could hold them accountable. They would have felt very badly about falling into temptation to do something that they really didn't want to do. I think they both knew they were supposed to be together and they will spend their lives learning about one another. Society puts a lot of emphasis on sex and dating before marriage and the consequences of that are a lot of hurting people with kids and no fathers, custody battles, child support, single mothers, abuse, poverty....I mean..okay, its not traditional in the realm of what we are used to seeing, but gosh, if they can save their kids from all of that by just looking at it from a different perspective, then why would we criticize them? They will be people of Peace regardless of what the world thinks and I think that is priceless.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009