Endometriosis/TTC

Is Endometriosis something that a woman is born with or do you develop it over time? Can you hve children and then find out later that you have endometriosis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I found out at 18. They suspected it when I was 15. They would not go through with the Laporoscopy until then. I had a child despite all of my problems with it. I was late stage 2 when the discovered it. I would be happy to answer anymore questions that you might have. You don't develop endometriosis until you start having your periods.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It develops over time. A woman can have very few or no symptoms and have bad endo, or many symptoms and have a mild case....it varies tremendously.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I never had it until I had my last child and then went off birth control. It had probably been developing for a long time, but didn't show up until the synthetic hormones were gone. I have only mild endo, and I pray it doesn't get worse.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009