Baby Stomach

okay i am 24 weeks pregnant and my doctor measured my stomach and says its at the right height. But i don't feel like there is a bump here, when i lay on my back and lightly push on my stomach i feel bigger but somedays my stomach feels big and others it don't. SOmedays my jacket wont zipper others it will. IS there something wrong with that or normal.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal. There was a point when I was 7 months pregnant woke up one morning and my stomach looked like it had dropped in half it's size. It's just the baby moving around in different positions. Especially if you just saw the doctor, don't worry about it :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The doctor is not measuring your "stomach" but he is measuring your uterus. I have no idea how they feel it, but they do. If you are 24 weeks then ideally your funal height of your uterus would be 24 centimeters from the top of your pubic bone. I always measured like 2 weeks ahead though and my baby was not that big.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i no not my stomach but thats what i call it. I think its cool how they can do that i didn't even think my uterus was that big. It is about 1 inch or so above my belly button, but it feels weird one day my jacket fits and the next day it don't
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009