I was trying to concieve and I was supposed to start my period yesterday and I havent, I have had morning sickness for a week and my hair is falling out (which is the first sign of pregnancy for me). But all my tests have came out negative. What could it mean??

marigrimes

Asked by marigrimes at 9:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The hormone levels that the tests check for may not be high enough yet to be picked up. Give it a little more time and try again!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• also, you may be the type of person who needs to do a blood test for it to show up...my friend had that problem!
    SydneysMommy125

Answer by SydneysMommy125 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The same thing happened to me with my 1st born. dedicatedrider hit it on the head. Give it some more time. I'm sure when you take another test, it will come back positive.

I was suppose to start my period, was 5 days late, took a test and it came back negative. So I thought I wasn't pregnant. I never had morning sickness but my nipples were very very sensitive so I just knew I was pregnant. I read the instructions on the pregnancy box and it said something about if you get a negative response back and you think you're pregnant, it's probably because the your hormone level isn't high enough to detect anything, blah, blah, blah. After another week or so, I took another test and I'm Pregnant!

So give it some time and let me be the first to congratulate you on your pregnancy!!
    Anonymous

• I took about 6 home preg. tests before it was a solid positive!
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Give it a couple more weeks. If the symptoms continue but the tests still come out negative go to the doctor and get double checked! You must make sure of these things.
    andi1984

Answer by andi1984 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• pregancy test are not always right my home pregancy said not pregant went to the doctor the said i was
    Meow1979

Answer by Meow1979 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Some pregnancy test are not exactly correct. You may also be testing way to soon, especially if you were supposed to start yesterday lots of things throw off periods. I would honestly give it another week or two, if you have not started by then, that is when I would suggest seeing your doctor. If you really want to know why you have not started and you think you could be showing early signs of pregnancy than go and have the blood test done, those are more accurate any ways. Good Luck
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 10:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2008