Should I text him?

This guy is a friend with benefits and we were suppose to go to dinner tonight but when I texted him yesterday asking him if we werer still on he responded "bad timing". I was very upset that he sent me that. So I texted back " Guess you didn' t plan on telling me that". He wrote back "Things haven't been so great for me the last few days...I will text you a little bit later ok? I texted him back "Sorry to hear that" and Ok.

First off he never even texted me back later and I still havent heard from him. I was a little upset when he told me that it was bad timing, but then I thought to myself maybe he is going through something. Should I send him a message letting him know that I am thinking about him and hope things are ok? Or should I just give him space. Yes I did state that he was a friend with benefits but he has been promising to take me to dinner for weeks now and everytime we set a date something comes up, which is really frustrating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2012 in Relationships

• I don't think you should text him. He said he would text you back--if he wanted to, he would.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Well, it sounds like the whole FWBs thing is more with you than him. He wants benefits, you want dates, just let it go!
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 3:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Evidently the 'benefits' don't include dinner.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Sound like my daughter's bf. he always says things like that too but never follows thru with what he says. I would let him make the move like he said he would.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 3:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• He is the one that said we would go out to dinner and said Monday night, I just don't get why he would set something up if he really had no intentions on taking me out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• This is exactly why people shouldn't have friends with benefits ; it gets complicated when the other doesnt want to commit ; hense; why they rather FWB then commit ; they are afraid of commitment and in your case, I wouldnt text him back because he may be playing you, he may be doing alot of things that you dont even know about and guess what? it isnt anyones fault because you guys are Friends With benefits.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• let him cl or text u bk...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• I would not try to contact him again. And I would make me some other plans for this evening, and in the event he should solve his timing issue, I would tell him his timing is now not so hot. This doesn't sound to me like "friends with benefits." It looks to me like sex for nothing for him. Friends do not behave like this. They don't make plans and then not follow through. They don't say they will text and not text. Even friends of the same sex don't behave like that, so he is not your friend. He's been using you, and now he's probably found somebody else who is willing to take a turn. Tell him to take a hike, and try not to walk too closely to the edge of the ledge!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• you sound like you may be a little to attached to someone who is just your FWB
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Yea I am attached a bit because I have known him for almost a year. Maybe it is time to just cut all communication :( I don't want that but I may need that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2012