Caps lock will not turn off.

For some reason my caps lock will turn on but not off when I hit the caps lock button. I restarted my computer twice and it did the same thing. Then I hit the shift key and THAT turns the caps lock off. Anyone have any idea why?

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2012 in Technology

• do you need to clean under your keyboard... like with the can of sir stuff??

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• It sounds like your key bindings may have gotten messed up. Either that, or you have some little piece of debris between those two keys. (I speak from experience on that one)

If it's neither of those things you may just have to spring for a new keyboard.

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Not sure what system you have if its laptop or not. If the above does not fix it for you pull out the battery wait 15 minutes then try again

Answer by MtoBoyGirl at 6:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Sounds like the keyboard just needs to be cleaned.

Answer by meooma at 6:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2012