Obama and Lincoln references

Do you think Obama should be his own man? Do you think his own strength and convictions should lead the way for his CHANGE campaign instead of trying to be Lincoln? Seems to me like he can't come up with anything himself. First Clinton's cabinet, now he's shadowing Lincoln. What next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Get over yourself and accept you new president. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i dont see how they can compare him to Lincoln..... what in the world has he done to be given such a classification?

most obama supporters cant even name (not search online) one accomplishment he has even done!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• how and the heck can you compare the two??? they are on different levels Lincoln being on top and obama being on the bottom.
    Anonymous

• Yes, Obama is using many Lincoln references. I do think Obama is a bit of a wet noodle. Very wishy-washy. He has been from the very beginning of his campaign and even as a Senator. I do not think anything is going to change now. Honestly, I think he is overwhelmed. Little fish in a big pond. I do hope he survives and is successful. But I don't think he's ever been known for anything but a big talker.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• oooooo....so many sourgrapes on these threads about President Obama. Everyone is entitled to their likes, dislikes, opinions or just pure fabricated B.S. Yet what is so very telling....is the venom put forth in some of these answers..not just here, but elsewhere on Cafemom. Truly the amount of hate that I read written about this man...actually scares me. And this coming from women, no less! Makes one really wonder just how much hatred and division really is surrounding all of us in this nation. It is this hatred and division..that will tear this nation apart...and we will pass into the night, much like Rome. Truly I am so sorry to hear so much hatefulness and animosity.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 11:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• LilLizajane: we will continue to be divided in this nation as long as a black president gets more of a welcoming celebration than a white president.
    Anonymous

• ""LilLizajane: we will continue to be divided in this nation as long as a black president gets more of a welcoming celebration than a white president. ""

HUH???? Double HUH????
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 11:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• it is not fair, why should a black guy get a better welcoming to the job than a white guy? Obviously, our nation is divided because that is what is happening.
    Anonymous

• Anon said...""it is not fair, why should a black guy get a better welcoming to the job than a white guy? ""

Then I ask you this..."Why should a white guy get a better welcoming to the job than a black guy?
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 12:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ditto everything LilLIzajane said. LOL I also have to add that I come to Cafemom because I know there are a lot of disgruntled moms on this site. It's very sad to see the ill feelings. On the positive side it's good to see that freedom of opionion is not against the law. Guess what? Barak Obama will be sworn in as the 44th president of the United States at 12PM today. It's a dream that's come into fruition. It gives hope to a large group of people that your hard work will be rewarded and that leaders are chosen through a democratic process. God continue to Bless America.
    Tifase

Answer by Tifase at 12:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2009