I need some help getting my hospital bag together.. YAY! :)

I need some help getting my hospital bag together.. YAY! :) I have placenta brain and I can't seem to think....Maybe you ladies can help.. I'm soooo excited! Thank you for all your help

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 10:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• pjs, slippers, toiletries, baby clothes. a robe, your own towel if you dont want to use hospital towels for your showers. thats all i can think of right now.
    heres a website with a checklist
    http://www.babycenter.com/packing-for-the-hospital-or-birth-center
    congrats!!!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I always liked having my own pillow
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• well i didnt make a good bag so i can help you because i felt so stupid when i didnt have nething lol..ok so your gonna need a toothbrush and hairbrush, a robe or comfy pj's, or course something to take your new bundle of joy home in..umm thats all i can think of besides extra clothes for you
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 10:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Magazines, books, crosswords, etc.
    Phone book for anyone you may need to call (Insurance Co, work)
    Baby Name book--unless you've already decided!
    Going home outfit for baby.
    Snacks--I got hungry after the hospital gave me a late snack.
    Photo frame for your table--I brought one of my older 2 children because I knew I would miss them!
    Good luck!
    IndianaMom03

Answer by IndianaMom03 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• oh yeah and shampoo and coditioner..i didnt brig those and had to use soap that sucked
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 10:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My pillow was great <3....

Bring your own wash clothes i did, lol...snacks if you want...but u prolly really wont be that hungry..

shampooos....your slipppers!!.......camera!!!!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i just packed mine like 3 days ago. i have in MY bag..
    Slippers, bath robe, mini shamp&cond tooth brush tooth paste mouth wash mini soap razor (for arm pits) hair brush and combp hair ties and bobby pins, going home outfit, comfortable pjs. socks, ipod, a sudoku game book(something to occupy time) make up, 4 pairs of underwear, breast pads, lanolin, flip flops, loofa, phone charger

for baby.... all i brought because the hospital will provide everything else, is a going home outfit, car seat, diaper bag and some onesies

dont forget oyur insurance information too.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Honestly the only thing i used was :slipers , warm socks ,cell charger,cammera, baby's going home outfit, the rest of items i packed was unnesessary my hospital provided everything else... one thing i wish i had :nursing bra
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Something I haven't seen here that you might want to bring is underwear that you don't particularly care for. After the birth, you are going to stain your underwear for quite a while unless you have pads the size of a soccer field... Some hospitals will give you this gauzy underwear, but it isn't too comfortable. Just a thought...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• BIG tip: write a list of EVERYTHING you want in the bag. A lot of these will be day to day items (face wash, brush, etc), and you don't want to forget them in the rush of labor. When we went to the hospital, we were convinced we'd be getting sent home (my water had broken, but we'd already had one false alarm), so we didn't bring the bag. My hubby had to come home and get it! At least he had a list to work from, so he knew what to add. See what the hospital provides, but they generally have diapers, hat, blankets, shirt for baby (you won't need anything but going home clothes and a carseat for the baby). Big thing to remember: cell phone chargers/camera battery chargers! Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009