periord after a miscarriage

how long does it take to get your periord back after having a miscarriage, i was 10-1/2 weeks pregnant when i lost the baby i had a D & C .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• To become regular again it can take several months. I did not have a period for almost six weeks after mine.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 11:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I was only 6 weeks when I miscarried. It took about 5 weeks to get my period again. The first one was pretty intense..cramping and bleeding. I am on my second period since the m/c now and its more like a regular one. I am sorry for your loss!
    RandJsmom

Answer by RandJsmom at 2:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It depends on when you start ovulating again. I didn't get my period back after my first loss till 9 months later and then with the second it was 2 months and with the 3rd loss it was like a month and a half. It all depends on the person and when they start ovulating again. If your cycles have always been pretty regular them I woudl say give it 4-6 weeks at least. Best of luck and I am very sorry for your loss.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am in the same boat right now. I had a D&C almost two weeks ago. I have my follow-up tomorrow and this is one of my questions. From what I have heard so far, everyone is different. Sorry for your loss.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009