when can i start giving my daughter a bath everyday as a bedtime routine?

shes 2 weeks now.

Asked by beautifulkirei at 11:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would say quite a while, my son is is 5 months old and i never bath him daily. Every other day is the most that i do. I was told it's not good for their skin. But i could be wrong

Answer by RenaJean at 11:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Do not submerge her in water until her umbilical cord stump falls off. Then, only bathe her 2-3 times a week until she is about 6 months old. Babies do not get very dirty and the water will dry out their skin.
    Of course, if she has a particularly messy diaper or spit up and is messy, give her a bath.
    When you do start bathing as part of a rutine, i recommend lavender scented bath bubbles and lotion. its nice.

Answer by bloomsr at 11:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Some people do it right away. I didn't until about 3 months, but right now I only bathe her every other day, because of the weather, I don't want her skin to dry out.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The lavendar scented bubbles & lotion seriously work -- I wasn't sure about the aromatherapy thing, but I notice a big difference in my son's bedtime routine on the night's we use it versus the night's we don't.

Answer by susanb1229 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I was always told to wait till your babies are a couple months old so you don't dry out their skin.I started around 2months.I would lotion and masage my daughters on the in between nights it kinda got the routine started.

Answer by times3mom at 11:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I've given my dd a bath everyday since she was born (sponge baths at first of course) I never use lotion on her and her skin is as soft as can be and she LOVES bath time.

Answer by julipickle at 11:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Baby skin is lubricated naturally. You don't want to dry that out by bathing too much. They only need to be washed every other day or even every three days. You'll want to wait until her umbilical cord falls off before doing anything other than sponge baths. You can start a daily bathing routine when she starts being able to go outside and get dirty when she's much older (as in walking age). Even then, I'd probably only bathe my son every other day unless he was caked in dirt or something lol.

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my son hated baths at first, but now that he has somewhat bad eczema i hold off on baths, only doing them every other or every 3 days if hes not too dirty

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009