BPA Free Bottles??WHATS THE CONSURN??

Can someone please help me understand what the big thing is with BPA Free baby stuff.I have 3 littles girls and BPA was not a issue,they are all fine.Just wanted alittle edgacation on the whole consurn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a chemical they put in a lot of plastic items that's been shown to cause cancer.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Due to the chemical make-up of BP-A, it mimics human hormones when introduced into the body. It is said to have links to cancer as well as reproductive issues in both men and women (things you might not notice right away in your children if BP-A has effected them). Most of us adults had exposure to BP-A and are fine. However, since so many BP-A free products available at competitive prices, I feel it is reasonable to try to avoid BP-A containing products since there is a legitimate health concerns about the chemical. We try to make sure all plastic items that my son will have in his mouth are BP-A free. What is most important is that plastics used for food and heated are BP-A free. Doesn't it gross you out to know that your plastic is putting artificial chemicals into your body? There's enough crap in the food we eat already let alone in the dishes we serve our food in.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• THANKS SOO MUCH I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
    Anonymous