how do i get rid of a sinus headache??

my god i've had this headache for about four days now and it wont go away i called my doc's so they can prescrib something to makethe swelling of my sinuses go down and they said "you have vicodin for the pain thats all you need" rawr!!!

any ideas on how to get rid of it? the vicodin only works when i fall asleep!!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• Are you sure it's not a migraine? you can try something like claritin. that helps my sinus pressure wonderfully.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 11:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Are you sure it's not from you rawring too much? lol
    Anonymous

• not its not a migraine.. trust me!! rawr!!!

and no because my headache was here before i started rawring!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Bengay is good for sinus headaches... just rub it on your forehead. Or alternate Ice and moist heat cloths. BUT don't use both Bengay AND the heat cloth... one or the other.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Why doesn't your doctor give you Amoxicillin?I suffer from SERVER SUNIS PAIN with the headache when mine gets that bad I call him and he gives me a enough for 10days and by the 2nd day I feel like I can be a mommy again...lol

times3mom

Answer by times3mom at 11:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• times3mom.. i have no clue.. he's being a meanie!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Boil water and add ALOT of salt to it, place a towel over your head and bend over the boiling pan and try to inhale all the steam you can. The salt helps with the swelling and eases the congestion. I know first hand and feel your pain. Also if you aren't able to do this, get you some menthol nose spray it helps alot! I understand pain pills don't knock a dent in a bad sinus headache!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Try some mucinex or something to get that junk out of your sinuses. Sometimes opiates make headaches worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Be Careful. My MIL Claimed Sinus Infection For 4+ Years, Her Doctors Either Did Nothing Or Prescribed Her Crap. Long Story Short Last Oct She Went Into A Coma. The Infection Had Spread Throughout Her Body And Into Her Brain!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2009