Anyone for a snow day?

I live in the south eastern part of Virginia and they're calling for a winter storm warning tonight (I know, nothing compared to the more northern ladies who get FEET of snow at a time) but I'm kinda hoping they close down my base tomorrow and I get another day off! I haven't had a snow day since I was a kid when I lived in NY!

Anyone else hoping for a snow day tomorrow??? Bring on the hot chocolate and PJ lounging all day!

Amanda_Jeanne

Asked by Amanda_Jeanne at 11:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would LOVE a snow day! It get's really freakin cold here, but it doesn't snow much at all.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I WISH FOR IT!!!
    Anonymous

• They keep calling for these crazy snow storms and then we get a dusting. It snowed today for about 5 hours, but it wasn't sticking to the roads. I keep hoping for a big storm, like a couple feet. In high school, we had a blizzard in 93 and one in 96 . . . there were so much fun. We had 6 ft snow drifts!! I live in PA, by the way.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You used a 4 letter word that is NEVER to be spoken in WA again!! Can we just have aday where life has been cancelled instead of the "S" word?
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• im home anyway so bring it on! :)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• no way i am sooo glad to have moved to GA... i am originally from MD and my sister called me saying they got a couple inches... on christmas it was in the 70's... i love it soo much... it does make me a little sad my son doesnt get to play in snow tho...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well, I don't know about you Virginians at the southern end, but we sure didn't get so much as a dandruff flake up here in the northern end...LOL.
    They were calling for snow all day yesterday (Monday) and said we were going to get an inch. Early afternoon the temp was 41*F and the sun was shining. I was so disappointed.
    I'm a native of Maine and miss the snow, too. I wish I could go to Maine for the winters just for the enjoyment of the snowfalls and blizzards!
    I think February is our last month of hope for snow here in VA so we can keep on wishing. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009