New hobby

I need a new hobby.... any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This is going to make me sound 60 years old, but I love to make quilts. Cutting out the fabric, sewing on the machine and watching it all come together. I love it!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had an idea. For all of the clothes that i am keeping of my sons, i was thinking about making them into a quilt. try painting. i love it. It's a wonderful way to express yourself, mixed media is also fun.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 11:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Have you ever tried to make your own cards and gifts? I started doing things like jewelry making, crocheting, and other craft projects as a hobby, and now I stamp cards and gifts, and I love it. I love the final project and the "oh wow, that is great". So, try stamping.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 11:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• mosaics are great fun go on ebay and pick up some mosaic glass and create something beautiful. Also I love working with concrete and making sculpture to mosaic onto. If you need any help getting started check out gardenweb .com they have a stained glass and mosaics board there and the ladies are so helpful I havent been over there in several months but I am sure the queen of mosaics and her drones are still working hard, those ladies do some amazing work I am nothing compared to them but its fun.
    gonnahavababy

Answer by gonnahavababy at 1:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think you need to look at what type of personality you have. For example are you a quiet home body or are you more sociable? Do you like to be active or more sedentary? Do you want something that is quick to learn or are you comfortable with something that is harder and takes longer? Then you can get a better idea of where to go from there,
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I love scrapbooking! I have scrapbooks for each of my kids and also one for me and my husband. It is very relaxing and helps me keep up with those cherished memories!
    trendy4you

Answer by trendy4you at 4:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Photography. Only a camera is required.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 9:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I love to do stained glass...you can also do mosaics with the scrap. I have a group here on CM called Stained Glass Obsession, that teaches how to. Still working on the tutorial, but it should be done this week.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I started watching DIY and also all the HGTV channels. It helped me develop my crafty side and so the hubs and I bought an older home for a steal and remodeled. It was so much fun dreaming and creating a home that looks like it popped out of Pottery Barn. We are real thrifty so that added to the fun. It wasmy biggest hobby and most fun accomplishment.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009