Anyone have a stubborn child who knows how to potty train but WONT?

mad4plaid68

Asked by mad4plaid68 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine isn't really old enough to say she "won't" BUT she definitely is being more ornery about it than needed. She knows whats up...but she also knows I'm tired...I've potty trained 2 others and I just find it easier to change a diaper. LOL She knows how to play her cards.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have a four year old that potties her pants and ive went to the doctor and now doing counsling with her to find out why she does it but nothing seems to help. they said she need more attention and i done that it didnt work weve tried the reward system and that didnt work. I have a three year old that doesnt do it and a 21 month old that is starting to go the potty and none of this makes a difference to her. So if you find a way to stop it please let me know couse ive tried everythang.
    escapedmom

Answer by escapedmom at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My daughter turned 3 in Dec. and we are going through the same thing! We have tried the routine thing, the reward system, the letting her do it when she is ready and nothing has worked. Now I have started making her change her own pull-up unless it is a #2 and hoping she will get tired of that! Wish I could be more help!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm in the boat with ya too. Mine will go pee, but not poop. She too knows what's up and we've tried every bit of advice we can find to no avail. Most folks suggest stories or explanations about where it goes. If it's fear driven, being supportive, going with them is the advice. Rewards for going, charts to show how proud you are when they do go are also some suggestions. I feel for you.
    BamzaMom

Answer by BamzaMom at 12:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my son is now 4 and potty trained but we had the hardes time getting him to poop in the potty. He knew how he just wouldn't do it. Does your little one go to day care? That's what finally helped us. I put him in day care and he was fully trained within 2 weeks.
    Alliegirl7997

Answer by Alliegirl7997 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009