forster parenting..

i want some insight on that. i'm 22. so in my county were not even allowed to take the classes until i'm 25.

i want to know if its a good idea? or if its a bad idea?

my SO and i have been wanting to do it. because i love helping children out. their our future and they deserve the best.. so yeah..

does anyone do the forster parenting?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm a foster mother but our rules are a lot different. For us, we have to be 18 and it doesn't matter if you're single or married or living together as long as you both attend the classes, meet all the physical, mental, financial, and legal requirements, and your home is deemed fit. I have enjoyed it, but the PP is right, you probably will end up paying at least a little out of your own pocket to help provide for the children.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Foster parenting is a huge responsibility. If it's really something you want to do and you have time and energy to do it, then you should. Some of the kids in the foster care system have alot of issues and need special attention. A very good friend of mine used to be a foster parent but she stopped doing it because she couldn't afford it anymore. I don't know about your state, but the financial compensation is not very good and you usually end up paying out of your own pocket for the things they need. If you are genuinely okay with that and can afford it, Then good luck to you and I hope it works out.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• to me really, its not about the financial compensation. i feel like i want to make a difference in a childs life. yeah it might sound stupid but, i do. children are my passion. they always have been. i'm a stay at home mom. andi do have the time and patience for this. i cant have another one of my own but i do want to mother someone elses kid that they didnt know how to mother.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I am a foster mom and I am 23. Not your average 23 yr old though!! We have six kids.. I have one of my own, two step kids, and three foster siblings.. IT IS A MAJOR JOB. But very rewarding. These kids are so greatful for everything you do for them. I don't get that from my stepkids. If you feel God is leading you to do this..then do it. you will be great! The world needs lots of good people to offer their homes to these children in need. Just don't think for a second its going to be a cake walk because its not. You will be going to lots of school conferences, therapy sessions, doctors appointments etc...
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 11:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• :D THANK YOU!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009